Monday, October 4, 2010

Tension

It is Monday so that might explain it, but I have to admit I am so CRANKY today. It didn't help that I was verbally abused by a 7 year-old this morning. I tried to remain calm during the attack and since I didn't retaliate with physical abuse I think I did really well. Instead, I cleverly selected "grounded to room" as the punishment.

And wouldn't you just know it? The girl came home from school happy as a lark to spend the whole afternoon in her room. DUH, that is so not punishment. She doesn't have to deal with her sister or her mother. She gets complete isolation and it is bliss.

By now, the sky has darkened (finally) and it is raining (Amen). The tension is fading away and I have made a mental note to make the next punishment "wait on mother hand and foot".

Aghh - it is hard to run this ship.

No comments: