Monday, August 20, 2012

If it was much worse...

       I have been swimming after I drop the girls off at school a couple times a week.  The pool was especially dirty the last time I was there.  I was doing laps, back and forth, and I couldn't get my mind to just relax because I was passing a band-aid and some dead bugs every 15 meters.   As I was getting out of the pool another woman was approaching.  I mentioned to her that my lane was kind of buggy.  She just kind of laughed and said she "had been in much worse". 


       That made me think all day.  I like swimming in the morning.  I kinda suck at it and have very little perservance.  I do about 20 minutes and then my I can't find the gumption to go any more.  Would I swim in "much worse"?  Probably not. 

        It has been about 90 degrees by 7:50 when I start swimming.  When it get to 80 will I keep going?  Probably not.

       Every morning there is always a lane open for me to use.  If there was no lane available would I wait?  Probably not.

        So I have been asking myself, what would I do no matter what?  If it is too buggy, or cold, or just not the right exact perfect way?  What would I still do?  And what is it in people that keep them moving forward on something?  Never giving up even if it means knowing it could be "much worse". 

        I want to build my tolerance and stop being such a baby.  My life is easy and lovely.  I want to believe that if it was "much worse" I would still be getting in the water.        

No comments: