Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Horse Love

For Carissa's 7th Birthday she was given Cowgirl Boots and a promise of a horseback riding lesson.  We fulfilled that promise 10 days short of her 8th birthday - Whew - it was a close one!
 
Meet Trigger
 
Trigger is an American Quarter Horse (or so I am told) and was just about the most calm animal I have ever been around.  At the moment I took this picture it was just me and Trigger in the "dressage" area and I swear he was laughing at me.  I was so.out.of.place!!!!
 

Carissa was not!  She was in heaven.  She brushed the horse and picked his hooves.  She learned how to put the saddle on and led him through the stable.  She rode him around the arena and dang if she didn't just look like she belong there!  I was so happy to be able to make her dream come true. 
She has two more group lessons and then who knows after that?  It is not like being on a soccer team or taking your child to piano lessons.  This is serious business (and crazy expensive).  I mentioned to one lady that I was a first-timer and she said "I can tell, you are wearing white". 
Lord - help me. 

No comments: