Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Summer Slump

Is it wrong that I have began the countdown to school? 27 more days...

We have officially started our Summer Slump. The birthday parties have ended, swim class is over, library story times aren't exciting, the girls won't play together and I have run out of ideas. Oh and did I mention, 113 degrees outside?

I would say that being a stay-at-home mom is the best job in the world but on days like today it feels like a prison sentence. Relaxed mom was so relaxed that now I have looked up from my summer colored glasses and am starting to see a breakdown of sorts. No one comes to eat when I prepare a meal. No one picks up anything. No one puts their clothes away. No one brushes their teeth. No one thanks me. No one goes to bed on time. No one is even laughing... just bickering. AGHHHH.

So now I must readjust ~ yet again. I must realign our days to gear us back into some semblance of order. I must make it known I am in charge - not Dora.

There is a silver lining. (Isn't there always?) We have been working on our bedroom. We loaded up our carts at IKEA this weekend (love you Smaland!). We nailed and hung and redesigned and now I have a peaceful sanctuary (minus the dirty clothes) for which to unwind.

There are still a few more touches to be added but I love the feeling I get when I enter my room. Because it is mine and although a barbie may slip past the threshold I reserve the right to chuck it right back out :)

Now I must get started on that chore chart...

1 comment:

Kristie said...

I love the dresser, you should post more pictures of the new furniture! I'm jealous!!
Miss you!
Kristie