Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Everyday

Well I can not quite say this month has been an easy one so far but there have been some nice moments. We are full in the realization that where we are living now is where we will be at least until the end of the school year. Good to know - so we know... but bad to know because it means slow progress to the next stop. The stop that I just can not wait for...

In these nice January moments I have been able to slip away and do a little quilting. Here is a top I made based on this post at the Moda Bake Shop. I will never, ever be able to quilt it like she has but it will fun to finish.

I took this shot of the girls playing "school". Carissa gets in trouble a lot by her "teacher" who can sometimes be rather controlling. I wonder what the other students are thinking??

And to ease my Mother's Guilt I have finally enrolled Carissa in dance. The experience (need I even mention it?) is far different from that of my first child. There are no tears, no anxiety over the outfit, or sadness of seperation - just a simple, see ya later mom...

My list is long of things to do, to make, to read, to accomplish. I will continue to share.
In the meantime, I just finished "The Hunger Games" and "Catching Fire" by Susanne Collins. Great reads - give 'em a go :)


1 comment:

Kristie said...

Your quilt top is amazing, nice work! Can't wait to see it completed!!!