Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Full of Thanksgiving

I can not remember the last time I had such a good Thanksgiving. This year we decided to camp at Cattail Cove State Park and it was just the right mix of spending time with family and just relaxing at the campsite.

The whole time I felt like I took sooo many pictures, then of course, I get home and feel like I have NONE!! Here are a few for the memory books...

Carissa and Katie - such beautiful girls - hit if off in minutes and really enjoyed each other's company.

This is the whole gang (minus Justin taking the pic) under the London Bridge, which I must admit, I totally take for granted. It was so pretty under the bridge and I will never forget just walking around with my Grandma. Despite that fact that she has had a crazy hard year her eyes were just taking in the moment watching the kids play and loving the lights.

It is the first time in a while she has looked at peace with the moment. It is truly amazing watching how her life has evolved and changed. I am only seeing it as a granddaughter but what a story. What an amazing story.
On Saturday the water was so peaceful. Justin took Carissa and I out on the lake and in our canoe. Never thought I would just ride around in a canoe... but it's nice. Especially when you can just sit back and eat trail mix. My kind of speed :)

We came home, unloaded the trailer and started the week off going to Monday Night Football. Here is the view from our seats. It was super fun ~ especially watching the 49ers huddle...dang that have that down.

There never seems to be a dull moment in our life and now here comes December.
So much to do - lose 10 pounds, make cookies but don't eat them, buy gifts, remain centered on Christ, decorate to the nines, throw together some parties, crafts and more crafts, send out cards, go see lights, say nice things (Santa is watching) don't forget to work, ..... ahhhh. 25 more day... ready, set, go!

No comments: