Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Last week's Staycation

Put four cute cousins and a posh hotel lobby in Portland together and your get instant memories. One of my favorite moments was when Madee pretended she was a mermaid in the elevator and was mad because she wanted to "Swim Out". One of my least favorite moments was being screamed at by a 3-yr old in the middle of downtown Portland to "hold her".

Good thing we found that great Organic Cafe to eat breakfast at. It is important to make kids wait over and hour for their food when they are really hungry... it builds great character.


But nothing can beat a good Seattle side trip to Forks, WA (Home of the book "Twilight"). A pit stop at Lake Crescent for a picnic on the dock was the perfect break. I really don't think I have ever seen anything more pretty.

It was only right that the Daddy's got to leave for a Mariners Ball game if the girls were to get their road trip to Forks. Like any good mothers we had the whole evening planned... crafts for the girls and a little wine for the mommy's. It is great to have visitors and I enjoyed seeing my girls spend time with their cousins. But I have to be selfish here and say that I had a blast with my sister-in-law. Although I have known her for years you just don't get to really bond until you are in car full of kids and hung-over husbands for over 12 hours.
We are so glad you came :)

1 comment:

lovemygirls said...

Not as glad as we are that we did come! It was such a great trip! Loved your post. I laughed through reading the entire thing! Hopefully we will see you in a few months!