Thursday, May 26, 2011

Five! 5! Five!

CARISSA GRACE IS 5!
Dear Carissa,

When I look at you today I no longer see a baby. I see a little girl who has begun to take shape. You are amazingly beautiful and smart. You have a this wacky sense of humor that can throw a whole crowd for a loop. I know you see so much and feel it deeply. I know you love your family with all of your being. You are content to steal Dad's bible and find a quite corner to read stories about Jesus to your bite but also just as happy to go wherever Audrey has suggested. You are a perfect little sister.

This year I know you will stretch out past your usual limits. You will learn to read and a whole new world will open up for you. You will notice I am missing you and you will fight leaving, even though you kind of really want to go. I will let you... because that is what Mommies do.


In the meantime, I will suck in every last ounce of that baby smell that you sometimes get right when I am putting you to bed. I will let you keep climbing right onto my lap when you stub your toe. I will savor each day of your 5th year.















Happy Birthday ~I Love You, Mom



No comments: