Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Refashioned Shirt into Girl Dress

What can be more satisfying then changing a shirt you never wear into one your child will not take off? Let me tell... not much. (ok, see for me, it doesn't take a whole lot!)


I really wish I would have taken a picture of this shirt before I transformed it. But maybe you remember me wearing it? If so, I am sorry for that. Here is how I did it:

Layed the shirt out flat and cut off the sleeves. Layed one of her sundresses on top. Cut the shape a tad bigger all around to allow for about a 1/2" seam allowance.

Then I sewed up the sides and around the arm holes. I had her try it on and it was showing her chest because of the swoop neck so I inserted a piece of matching fabric across the chest and sewed it in place.

No need to hem the bottom beause it was already part of the shirt. Also, because it was knit fabric the sleeves just rolled up nicely and I didn't even have to hem them.

So now poor Carissa not only gets Audrey's hand-me-downs but she gets mine as well.

No comments: