Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Soccer Star

Every Saturday for the next two months we have the joy of watching our shining star on the soccer field. I get double the joy because Daddy is the coach!
Here he is giving a "pep talk" during half time. I am truly surprised they are all focused on him. He was probably describing the snacks they would get after the game...


There is nothing more exciting then watching your kid break out of the pack and get control of the ball. I can see why those parents go crazy sometimes... So here are some action shots.

Audrey getting control of the ball...

Heading straight for the goal...
She shoots... she scores!!
Oh I remember the feeling! The flip-flops your stomach does when the ball comes toward you. The thrill of knowing your legs are working without your arms. How the shin guards stick to your legs after a really sweaty game. Umm..yes, she likes to play. No, I am not making her play to relive my childhood...geesh it is so000 not that way.
Now I have to go. Carissa has the makings for a talented {insert something I am not here} and I have to get started right away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liz, I love your blog! You crack me up. Thinking safe travel thoughts for you all!

Lisa :)