Saturday, August 13, 2011

First week of School

If you read my last post you would know I left off waiting for the bus...

Well, it came and dropped off Audrey at the corner I was NOT at... then it proceeded to drive by me with Carissa still on it! Apparently I was standing at the wrong corner AND they won't let your Kinder off the bus unless you are standing there. Justin ended up chasing the bus down and the rest of our week kind of went down hill from there.

The kids came home famished and tired everyday. I tried a new techinque everyday to help ease the transistion but nothing seemed to work. We ended everynight with someone in tears (Audrey or Me) and started every morning with more and more anxiety (Carissa and Me).

Did I mention I had bloodwork on Wednesday and fainted and Justin and I aren't drinking this week? (Who's idea was that?)

By Friday morning I probably had the whole week written on my face and Carissa could feel it. She announced right away that she didn't want to go to school and I just couldn't find it in me to be upbeat anymore. We both ended up crying in the school hallway. UGH!

Thankfully my neighbors walked by and one of them (a sweet angle from God) convinced Carissa to go back into the class and then they told me to go home. Good advice. I was a wreck.

To end the week Audrey was stung by a scorpion. Really? Yes. Here is my advice. Put the number to Posion Control in your phone. You never know when you will need it. She is fine her foot just remains asleep.

My one glass of wine Friday night did me in and I was so thankful for it. Sometimes it is best to just curl up and go to sleep. Carissa asked me this morning if Saturdays are like "Pretend Summers?"

Uhh no, we call this a Weekend - but don't worry - they are just as fun. Phew TGIS.

No comments: