Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Just Realizing

Earlier this week I read a quote from Michel De Montaigne (a very observant French man that lived in the 1500's).  He said "The least strained and most natural ways of the soul are the most beautiful."

When I really thought about this I know it to be true but have realized that I am not always making the most natural of choices and I have a hard time determining what it is that will cause me the least strain. 
 But when I watch these two beautiful girls I am amazed.  It is so easy for them to make a natural choice.  Do you want sauce on your noodles?  No!  I don't like the sauce...  How about these socks?  Gross!  They itch my feet...
 Are you sure you want to run for Student Council?  Why wouldn't I?  It will be so much fun.
These answers just roll off the tip of their tongue.  They are so intuned with their true self that it is not a strain at all to make the natural choice - and wow is it beautiful to watch!

Congratulations Audrey on Making Student Council!!  You really do shine.

No comments: