Friday, September 12, 2008

Grandparent Lenses

I was talking to my Grandma yesturday and she mentioned her and Gramps saw a bumper sticker that said "Grandkids are a present from your Children". She said that was true and that is what makes it so easy to spoil them.

So my new trick for not letting the girls drive me crazy (Ha!) is to put on my Grandparent Lenses. Here is how it works - the usually annoying scenario is to the left and the response with Grandparent Lenses follows...
  • Getting splashed while giving the girls a bath - "What's a little water?"
  • Chunks of food splattering everywhere because they have to stir - "Cute pudgy hands holding a spoon"
  • Standing for 1 minute and 48 seconds while Carissa has to climb into car seat by herself - "Wow, look how independent she is getting"
  • Waiting forever while Audrey fills her "purse" to bring to the store - "How nice it is to spend time alone with her".

See how great this technique is? Now, I have the opportunity to reap the reward before the Grandkids come! (They don't teach this stuff anywhere - good thing you have me)

No comments: